how do I get started

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

LouAnnK
LouAnnK
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #1by LouAnnK » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:48 am

I have zillions of pictures and nearly as many duplicates. I was able to get a couple of folders up and the duplicates deleted. but now when I try to get a folder of picture up, to look within one group I get pictures and they disappear. or between groups, they flash on but then disappear and sometimes one picture will be there in duplicate.. I delete the duplicate and then ....nothing.. help.. I also have about 7 or 8 galleries, many of them have the same number.. ie gallery 13.icg (three of them) and when I bring them up they are (or seem to be) all identical!!
OH, my pictures are in various folders ..ie: FAMILY, FriendsNfamily, craft, and some of the folders have folders inside.. does that create a problem? or are all the pictures in each of the inner folders pulled up too. ???
PLEASE help. I'm so frustrated I've been in tears for 3 days.
I need STEP BY STEP HELP.. I'm totally confused.. I printed out the HELP but it doesn't!!! THANKS in advance
PetRockGal

Gemini
Gemini

Re: how do I get started

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:17 am

Hi, LouAnnK!
Well, don't be upset! :wink:
First of all, all the folders included do not create any problems for the program. So, try to begin from the very beginning.
First, make sure you have the latest Image Comparer version installed. The latest version (v3.6) is available for download here: http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/ic_setup.exe

The easiest way to identify duplicates is to use Comparison Wizard. Start the program and if the Comparison Wizard was not automatically launched, use menu item Tools-Comparison Wizard. There you can add several folders you need to be processed (all subfolders will be processed automatically).
After comparison is done, it is better to switch to Tree-like view for the comparison results, it can be done with the "Compare-View results as-Tree". There you can mark the duplicates you need to delete.

Please, once again read help file - menu item Help-Contents. This may be helpful. If any problems arise, then step-by-step write, how to reproduce them.

Best regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

LouAnnK
LouAnnK

ah ha the culprit.. maybe

Post #3by LouAnnK » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:41 pm

I just noticed when I clicked on the icon it brought up comparer wizard, it shows at the top that I'm still on trial mode. NOT SO I bought this thing on April 11 at 23:56:07....How do I get it to recognize that I HAVE A LICENSE!! I keep getting offers to "get a license".. Maybe then the pictures that come up after I click onstep 1, 2 and 3 (in 3 I select "similar images)... which comes p showing results #27 (last time) and 164 images "normal".. Then nothing!!!
If I delete the step box a choice of OPEN GALLERIES or CREATE GALLERY comes up. If I try to OPEN.. a form comes up
"look in _________" and a bunch of selections.. any selection I makes goes up in the "Look in ______" and the "OPEN" area remains blank.
I do have the most recent 3.6 .....
Thanks for the speedy reply.. hope this makes sense. Not sure how to get to the Tree thing, can't even get started!!
PetRockGal

Gemini
Gemini

Re: ah ha the culprit.. maybe

Post #4by Gemini » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Yeah, trial version may really be the reason for all these troubles...
Please, once again make sure you enter your registration details exactly as they are! Both the registration key and registration name are case sensitive. It is better to copy and paste your registration details instead of typing them manually. So, try everything again, and if this doesn't help to get rid of trial mode, please apply to Bolide Software through the site form http://www.bolidesoft.com/feedback.html, specifying your problem, order number and e-mail address given at registration. I think all the problems will disappear when you activate your license.
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “Image Comparer”