VisiPics -vs- Image Comparer

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

InTheFlow
InTheFlow
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #1by InTheFlow » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:09 pm

I've used VisiPics for a long time but have need for a commercial program that will do what it does, only better.

So far, it seems that IC excels in the comparison of pictures as well as in how many images it can process at once. On the other hand, VisiPics is much better about auto-marking results for deletion.

Are there any plans for making IC's auto-marking feature more robust? If so, when is that coming? I have over 400,000 images that I need to work on. Going through and making sure the correct image was marked by IC doesn't appeal to me. :lol:

In IC, if two images are exactly the same, they are both marked if you choose to auto mark the higher quality images. If you want to delete one or the other, you need to tell it which one to unmark.

In VisiPics, it will mark one of the two based on the folder location. For example: folder A takes precedence over folder B, so mark the image in folder B for deletion. There are several other options you can choose as well.

Overall, IC is a much more polished program and since it is commercial software, there is support and (hopefully) ongoing development for it. But VisiPics saves me a great deal more time when needing to auto mark similar pictures for deletion.

Are these type of features soon to be available for IC?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:47 am

Yeah, right in the next version we're going to improve auto-marking of images. I hope folder priority is going to be added as well.
Bolide Software Support Team

InTheFlow
InTheFlow
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #3by InTheFlow » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:41 am

Thank you for the reply Gemini. When is the new version due out?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #4by Gemini » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:42 pm

I hope the next version will be available somewhere in a month.
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “Image Comparer”