Marking Large Number of Files

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

JerryBN
JerryBN
With us: 14 years 1 month

Post #1by JerryBN » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:09 pm

I have about 2,000 duplicate files in two directories.

All are exact duplicates, Same size, etc.

If I select "Mark Images with lower quality" it marks every image in both directories.

I want to mark all the images in one directory. The only way I have been able to do this is one at a time.

The standard click the first file, hold the shift key and mark the last file does not work.

Is there a way to mark all the files in one directory?

If not, can you add this feature to the program. And add the shift key function to selecting files so we can select multiple files at once.
Jerry

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:57 pm

Hi, Jerry!
In the current version you can't mark in one directory, but in the new one it will be possible :). It's going to be released soon.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Gemini
Gemini

Post #3by Gemini » Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:58 am

Hi, SethEden!

Could you wait a bit more please? The new version containing this option is almost ready :roll:

Regards,

SethEden
SethEden
With us: 13 years 10 months

YES!

Post #4by SethEden » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes I can wait a little bit longer.

I'm actually a software developer myself so I know how it goes. We have a Space Simulator that we've been working on for 10 years and we don't always know when we are going to release.

But I'm currious how much a "little bit" is, because from where I come from a "little bit" can mean 2-3 days, it could mean 4-6 months, or it could mean 1-2 years. So I'm just wondering what kind of scale a "little bit" might mean, as a rough ball-park estimate.

Thanks for the quick response! Much appreciated!
:D
Cheers
~Seth

Gemini
Gemini

Post #5by Gemini » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:25 pm

SethEden
The new version is going to be released in a couple of months, somewhere in summer..

Regards,

SethEden
SethEden

Thanks

Post #6by SethEden » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Thanks for the update!

I'll be looking foward to it. I think I can hold out about that long, even with some delays (as usually happens in most software development projects, from my experience) I can just sit tight with dual back-ups for a little while. Business operations shouldn't be affected.

Thanks for the heads up, I very much appreciate it!

Cheers
~Seth

Gemini
Gemini

Post #7by Gemini » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 am

SethEden
Thank you for patience and understanding!

Regards,

SethEden
SethEden

Is Update Released?

Post #8by SethEden » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:22 pm

I just thought I would check in and see if this update has been released, since we are nearing the end of the summer in another 2 months or so.

Or has there been a delay and the delivery time frame is pushed back a little? If it is, that's ok, I'd just like to know, so I can make arrangements in my business dealings.

Thanks
~Seth

Return to “Image Comparer”