IC Error RE: Result.dbf

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Image Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

MelNakahara
MelNakahara
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #1by MelNakahara » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:51 am

I had problems with Image Comparer in the past where the program would not work due to what I assume is problem with the database being corrupted. Doing a reinstall rectified the problem.

However, I'm currently having a problem where IC won't even load. After uninstalling for the 3rd time; but this time deleting the program folder, running Registery Mechanic and rebooting the system then reinstalling, I'm able to at least load the program. However, when do a compare task and getting to the point where it asks to create a database, I get error that Results.dbf does not exist.

More than one error log was e-mailed to Bolide during the process. The only thing I can think of that may be affecting IC is my recent upgrading to Internet Explorer 7.

Any suggestions, remedy or input would be appreciate.

Thank you.

Mel Nakahara

Part of the error log sent:
2.1 Date : Wed, 8 Nov 2006 14:13:40 -1000
2.2 Address: 0058D118
2.3 Module : ImageComparer.exe
2.4 Type : EDBEngineError
2.5 Message: Operation not applicable. Table does not exist. Table: C:\PROGRAM FILES\IMAGECOMPARER\DATABASES\Result.dbf.
Mel Nakahara

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Re: IC Error RE: Result.dbf

Post #2by bolide » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:56 pm

MelNakahara wrote:I had problems with Image Comparer in the past where the program would not work due to what I assume is problem with the database being corrupted. Doing a reinstall rectified the problem.

Very strange report.
Can you check if the file C:\PROGRAM FILES\IMAGECOMPARER\DATABASES\Result.dbf exists or not? Try to reinstall it once more and make sure you have close IC before reinstallation start.

Also, try to delete file named "ImgComp.cfg" located in "C:\PROGRAM FILES\IMAGECOMPARER" folder
Bolide Software

MelNakahara
MelNakahara

Post #3by MelNakahara » Thu Nov 09, 2006 5:24 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

There are only two files in the C:\Program Files\ImageComparer\Databases\ folder, Database.Cfg & Database.Flt, no Result.dbf.

I deleted the ImgComp.cfg file and had the same results. Did another reinstall making sure ImageComparer was closed and still came up with the error.

The Database folder was not created right after the installation. I ran ImageComparer and went through the procedure and again got the same error. In checking the ImageComparer folder, the Database folder was created with again the two fiiles, Database.cfg & Database.flt. The File.dbf, Path.dbf, Result.MDX and Result.dbf are missing.

For some reason the Result.dbf and the other files are not being created.

Any idea?

Mel Nakahara[quote][/quote]
Mel Nakahara

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #4by bolide » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:52 pm

MelNakahara wrote: The File.dbf, Path.dbf, Result.MDX and Result.dbf are missing.

Any idea?

Never seen such problem before. Image Comparer uses Borland Database Engine (BDE) to create these database files. All needed DLLs and other files of BDE are inside the Image Comparer's folder.
Possibly, you already have BDE installed separately. In this case you can try to delete all .DLL, .CFG, .BTL files from Image Comparer folder and try again
Bolide Software

MelNakahara
MelNakahara

Post #5by MelNakahara » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:14 pm

bolide wrote:
MelNakahara wrote: The File.dbf, Path.dbf, Result.MDX and Result.dbf are missing.

Any idea?

Never seen such problem before. Image Comparer uses Borland Database Engine (BDE) to create these database files. All needed DLLs and other files of BDE are inside the Image Comparer's folder.
Possibly, you already have BDE installed separately. In this case you can try to delete all .DLL, .CFG, .BTL files from Image Comparer folder and try again

It doesn't seem that there is anything wrong with IC installation because I've tried several times to reinstall deleting the ImageCompare folder first as well as clearing Windows temp cache. I also ran Registry Mechanic that I assume will delete any invalid entries.

Are there any other components from BDE that IC may require? I know BDE is used by many developers and the problem may be with some common element that is missing in my Windows environment. I review a lot of different types of software and for some reason or another, something could have possibly have been removed or corrupted that shouldn't have during an install or uninstall of another program.

So far I have'nt come across a problem with any other program I have installed. Anything you can add to test this theory would be helpful.

Thank you.

Mel
Mel Nakahara

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin

Post #6by bolide » Sun Nov 12, 2006 9:23 pm

You can try to install BDE separately.
This is the official link:
ftp://ftpc.borland.com/pub/bde/devsupport/updates/bde511en.exe
Bolide Software

MelNakahara
MelNakahara

Post #7by MelNakahara » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:57 am

bolide wrote:You can try to install BDE separately.
This is the official link:
ftp://ftpc.borland.com/pub/bde/devsupport/updates/bde511en.exe

Thanks again. I downloaded and reinstalled BDE 5.11. I noticed also that there is a 5.2 version but didn't want to try just yet. After reinstalling BDE, the problem still existed; so much for my theory.

Still bent on getting IC running again, I tried the install process a couple of times from Safe Mode with the same results. I assume this would rule out a conflict with another application in memory that would be causing the problem. However, on my third attempt I reinstalled the 1.5 version of IC and it finally worked again.

I still want to get IC v.2.5 working again but the only thing I can pinpoint at this point is that it may have something to do with the .dbf extension since it cannot find Result.dbf even if it's physically there.

I'll keep trying but any input on your side would be appreciated.
Mel Nakahara

motobojo
motobojo

Post #8by motobojo » Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:13 pm

MelNakahara wrote: I still want to get IC v.2.5 working again ...

Is this a typo (v2.5)? That latest version I see on the downloads page at this time is v2.3.

daspeac
daspeac
With us: 14 years 4 months

Post #9by daspeac » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi MelNakahara, if you are still interested, I recommend that you try the mssql 2005 repair program, it is a good solution, if you experience any difficulties with dbx files. This application also converts dbf files. Hope this helps

Return to “Image Comparer”