Patch to fix Sims3 lag?

Description: Just a forum for any posts ;)
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

sfombom
sfombom
With us: 12 years 3 months

Post #1by sfombom » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I have almost all of the expansions, along with quite a few downloaded sims from the sim3 website. I actually had this problem solved, then i had to do a system reset and lost everything. I dont remember what program it was, and i can't find the website i found it from. But it was a virus scanner/protection and some kind of patch.
Anyone know what it is?
**Please no answers about deleting the downloaded sims, Its fixable just can't remember how.
sfom

mrgood
mrgood
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #2by mrgood » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:57 pm

I faced the same problem with Sims 3. here what helped me alot

For patch 1.12 / 2.7 / 3.3 onwards:
Move all your custom content from \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, to the Desktop temporarily.

For patch 1.11 / 2.6 / 3.2 and below:
Move all your custom content from \Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages, or whichever game folder you maintained your Custom Content in, to the Desktop temporarily.

To determine if it is content-related, follow this FAQ on how to GameHelp:Remove_TS3_Custom_Contentwiki; don't forget the *caches and test using a New game.
If the New game can load and has no issues, the problem is caused by your .packages CC.

If you're still experiencing issues, rename \...Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 to something else, so the game will re-generate a new set of user's folders when you next load a New game to test.
If the New game can load and has no issues, the problem is caused by your .Sims3Packs CC or some other files in your previous User folders.

flogger123
flogger123
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #3by flogger123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Hi sfombom, were you able to download the latest patch already? Image

Return to “Freestyle”