Things I would like to see added to AMB

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Starf0x
Starf0x
With us: 14 years 2 months

Post #61by Starf0x » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:38 pm

Gemini wrote:Starf0x
Such error can arise in case you start the program through remote desktop. Unfortunately, we can't fix it..
Regards,
Ofcourse you can, do a form refresh after the window appears and when a Tab is clicked.

Starf0x

opeter
opeter
With us: 14 years 1 month

Post #62by opeter » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:28 am

Greetings to all, especially to the developers!

I am new here and I did just buy a license for All My Books last week. I really like your software, especially the function, where you can add user defined fields to the database.

I WOULD HAVE ONE BIG WISH:

I don't know if it can be made or not, but I would really like if you could somehow change the search field, so if I type anything in it, it would not only search in titles, but in any kind of fields.

So that the user doesn't need to use the advanced search and then choose let's say the TOC field for searhing.

But my main problem with the search is, I would really like, if the application could highlight the searched word (or letters). Even if I enter only 2-3 letters.

Thank you.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #63by Gemini » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:17 pm

opeter
Thank you! The idea is interesting!
Bolide Software Support Team

Jaggs
Jaggs
With us: 14 years 1 month

Things i would like to see

Post #64by Jaggs » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 pm

I download most of my audio books from the library...so what I would like to see is a wish list. Even a interface just for the books that I have yet to get.

I would also like to be able to edit the book cover for the hmtl file right in the sofware. It would be nice if I could make all the covers the same size.

Thank you for all your hard work.

Jaggs

AMVAS
AMVAS
With us: 14 years 8 months

Post #65by AMVAS » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:58 pm

I wonder if it's possible to make masters for export in CHM, HTML, Excel and TXT formats identical?
Because now Excel and TXT formats contains selectable fields, which can be included in the resulting file and HTML and CHM - not.
Thus I can't select some fields for export in that format, which I would like to.

ptashcka
ptashcka
With us: 14 years

Post #66by ptashcka » Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Hi. I'm considering using your program, but with ebooks.
It would be great to see following functionality:
1) Ability to change location of file through AMB program
2) When book file is missing - search the file in a folder the user point as a main location (search by old filename).
3) Ability to automatically change file name to the title of book. The best would be the case when user can provide his own template for filename.
4) Do not see the reason for Title and Original Title. Well, at least it should be possible to always use Original Title. Right now, event when you set "Display original book title" the exported data contains usual title.
5) Use checkbox to choose the search locations. It's not convenient to always change from Ozon to Amazon. I'd like to choose both these locations (maybe with priority)
5) And the last - it would be just wonderful to automatically search for ISBN inside user file and try to get the information for this book. The regexp for this operation is not so complex.

AMVAS
AMVAS
With us: 14 years 8 months

Post #67by AMVAS » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:50 pm

One more proposal

There exists 3 buttons for search for the books in sites.
They works for Original name, Author and ISBN.
I found useful to make ONE button responsible for this kind of search!
Because for example, when you need to find a book of Ivanov "Tanks" (just a sample) when both "Ivanov" and "Tanks" are so common words, that individual search for them results in too giant amount of titles whenever you perform search for "Ivanov", or "Tanks".

I can suggest to make a special search form, where user can type keywords, or author, or data from other fields (frankly, except 3 fields used now I can suggest to add "Date", which must help in the case of multiple editions.)
Also this search form must contain field for the direct link to the book, if the search can't locate the book itself.
Just like it is done for Ozon, but doesn't work for Libex, for example.

Hope it's not too complex for implementation... :)

Regards
Alex

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 6 months

When can we expect an update?

Post #68by Realm Curator » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:25 pm

I'm seeing where this thread was started nearly one year ago (will be a year on Friday), and I'm wondering when the update with all these wonderful suggestions (especially being able to print directly from the AMB program) can be expected?
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Gemini
Gemini

Post #69by Gemini » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Realm Curator
You see all users' suggestions are really high-value and we're very grateful for them - we read attentively them all and add those which can be realized to our to-do list. But unfortunately, we can't add them all at once, though we're trying really hard.
As for printing your collection right from the program, be patient :wink:

Regards,

Realm Curator
Realm Curator
With us: 14 years 6 months

Post #70by Realm Curator » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Ah Gemini, I will surely try, but you know not what you ask for! LOL There is not a single patient bone in this woman's entire body! (grinning)
Don't Litter ~ Spay or Neuter

Martin
Martin
With us: 15 years 9 months

Post #71by Martin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:12 pm

A nice addition would be the option to have a book in more than one location. I for example have some e-books of which I also have a paper version.

So the paper version resides in my bookcase and the ebook on my external harddrive.

Now I can only choose one or the other. I want to be able to choose both on the Metadata tab > Location

Gemini
Gemini

Post #72by Gemini » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:45 pm

Martin, thanks for the suggestion.
By the way, for those books having both electronic and paper versions, you could add the book twice and specify different locations for them, or, may be, keep electronic and paper versions in separate databases.

Regards,

Martin
Martin

Post #73by Martin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:07 pm

Somehow I don't find that very conveniant. Your first suggestion would soon create a cluttered list of books and your second suggestion would make sense if there were a button in AllMyBooks which would me easily switch between databases. But since there is not I only make use of one database.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #74by Gemini » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:15 pm

I see.
As for separate databases, you can easily switch between the databases using the menu Database-Reopen.

Martin
Martin

Post #75by Martin » Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Still, I really would prefer the option to add several locations for one book. This is also not that uncommon in libraries where a book might fall into the category roman archeology and at the same time roman religion so both books are placed in two locations even in two different buildings.

Or one version of the book might be in storage and the other one on the shelf.

Added to that it could be usefull to have a few buttons (how many would be up to the user of the program) that each point towards its own database (also linked by the user of the program). Just another idea that, after talking with you, came to mind:-).

Return to “All My Books”