Things I would like to see added to AMB

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

JIexa
JIexa
With us: 14 years

I am using AllMyBooks only for audiobooks

Post #91by JIexa » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:34 am

1. Sort by Author
2. New fields for: Bitrate, Duration, Reader
3. Adding Audio Book from folder WITH calculating and exporting following tags:
a) Total file size [amb:filesize]
b) Average bitrate [amb:birate]
c) Total duration [amb:duration]
d) Author [amb:authors] (preferably taking this information from ARTIST tag nd from 3rd file since first couple of files could contain information about audio book production company)
e) Title [amb:title] (preferably taking this information from ALBUM tag)
f) Year [amb:date]
g) Image [amb:imgname]

mikkki
mikkki
With us: 13 years 1 month

Post #92by mikkki » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:50 pm

I only need one thing to buy this program: a czech Database

Can you make a plugin for http://www.cbdb.cz

Thank you!

porecla
porecla

Post #93by porecla » Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:57 am

All my books is a very well done program but I do not buy it because there is no plugin in Italian. There are so many , for example http://www.bol.it or www.ibs.it or www.amazon.it or www.deastore.it. Can you make a plugin for amazon.it ? You have plugins for amazon in many languages. I am waiting for one Italian plugin to buy the program.
Thank you.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #94by Gemini » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:50 am

porecla
There are plugins for bol.it and ibs.it - you can download them here:
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmybooks/download.html
We'll try to add amazon.it as well.
mikkki
http://www.cbdb.cz plugin is in the process of testing already

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

porecla
porecla

Post #95by porecla » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:05 am

[quote="Gemini"]porecla
There are plugins for bol.it and ibs.it - you can download them here:
http://www.bolidesoft.com/allmybooks/download.html
We'll try to add amazon.it as well.

Thank you very much for Italian plugin, I've already bought a license for the program

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #96by Gemini » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:50 am

porecla
Welcome to the community! :)
Bolide Software Support Team

jgleed
jgleed
With us: 12 years 10 months

non-commercial plugin

Post #97by jgleed » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:38 am

Hi, new user here, one thing I've noticed that missing is a non-commercial database to search. Things like amazon and borders etc are all well and good for new books, but you need an actual library db for books that are off the market/hard to find/rare. the Library of Congress isn't a bad fallback, but it usually only lists American editions (I'm in Australia and buy Aus and UK usually) and it's not always online. Would it be possible to add one for the British library? I know that readerware can access that easily.

And speaking of that, I'd also like to see the option of searching more than one database at a time, having to go through them one by one to find the one that actually fits the information you've provided is somewhat time-consuming and the whole point is to streamline the process.

thanks.

hlagas
hlagas
With us: 12 years 8 months

"Sticky" Fields

Post #98by hlagas » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:20 pm

I would like the option to make a field "sticky" so that, until I make a change to that field, it remains filled in to my last entry. This would allow me to MUCH more quickly enter multiple books in the same category, for example.

I would also like the option to be able to set the Unread button to UNCHECKED since I have several thousand books already in my library that I would like to add (and I have read them all at least once already). I know that I can select them by clicking each individual title and then use the "clear mark" tool, but it's just another step I have to take.

Last, I should be able to select a set of titles by clicking the first, holding down the shift key and clicking the last, as opposed to manually clicking each and every title individually.

Sabine
Sabine
With us: 12 years 6 months

Re: Things I would like to see added to AMB

Post #99by Sabine » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:17 am

1. Sort or filter by Author and Series in main window.
2. Print this sorted and filter list by Author and Series in all the different types of print options.

Is there a timeline for getting this things?

sKiZo
sKiZo
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #100by sKiZo » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:40 am

All My Movies tags actors that have been looked up with a color coded background in the actors list. It also bolds the name in the summary to show there's more information available. Can AMB do the same?

AHWolf
AHWolf
With us: 12 years

Post #101by AHWolf » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Hi there,

Registered an account here because I like the software so far but there are a few issues that prevents me from buying a license.

1) I understand there is a technical problem with the Author column that prevents the program from sorting authors A --> Z or Z --> A? This feature is very important to me.
I have implemented a work around myself:
I use the column "(Other) Title" to fill in all the authors in the following format: "Tolkien, J.R.R.". With this column I can now sort the authors alphabetically. However this requires me to manually fill this column for each book (or use an excel spreadsheet as a complementary step). Isn’t it possible to make an extra field called "AuthorSort" and automatically fill this field with the author (in the format "Lastname, Surname")? I can then remove the normal author column from the screen and instead show my AuthorSort column to sort books alphabetically by author name.
I know there is another way of sorting authors by the first letter of their name alphabetically but that’s not exactly what I’m looking for. If this issue is addressed I will get a license straight away!

2) Less important than issue number 1 but still: Many writers nowadays write series of books. Especially in the Sci-Fi / Fantasy genre (my favorite) this is very common. When adding a new book the second tab has a field called “Volume”. I use this field to give each book from a series a number (not sure if this field is mend this way (English is not my native language). Because giving books in a series a number is such a common thing nowadays I would like to see the field move from the second tab to the first tab.

3) Column names are not always named the same as their corresponding fields: Field “Original title” corresponds with column “Title” while the field “Title” corresponds with the column “Other title”. I haven’t checked all the fields/columns but the two examples I gave can be somewhat confusing.

4) Sorting rules with multiple columns would be nice. For example: “author -> series -> volume -> title” or “author -> publication date -> title”

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Regards, AHWolf (Book-O-fhile)

lmv
lmv
With us: 10 years 7 months

plugin for Brazilian and Portuguese books

Post #102by lmv » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:02 am

Hi,
It would be very nice to have a ISBN plugin for Brazilian books. If you are willing to write the plugin (and I confess I would appreciate it), you could try to extract the ISBN data from Livraria Cultura's site (http://www.livrariacultura.com.br/scripts/busca/avancada.asp). Livraria Cultura is the biggest Brazilian bookseller and, as such, has an amazing Portuguese book catalogue (including books published in Portugal). If this site doesn't work, you can try the ISBN search at the Brazilian National Library's site (http://www.isbn.bn.br/pesquisa-no-cadastro-isbn). This one includes only books published in Brazil. I hope you agree to write the plugin.
(Many) thanks in advance,
LMV

2192michi
2192michi
With us: 6 years 9 months

Post #103by 2192michi » Wed May 24, 2017 9:55 am

Hi
I got a lot of japanese books so it would be great if Amazon.co.jp could be an online databank.

AMVAS
AMVAS
With us: 14 years 8 months

Post #104by AMVAS » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Hi!

It would be nice if one can open two or more bases in different tabs. Now I need to open several copies of AMB to work withseveral databases. Also it would be nice if I can copy records from one database to another (of course they must have identical, or learnly identical fields)

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #105by Viki » Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:51 pm

Frostray wrote:sorting by author
You're in luck. The program already has the ability to sort by 'Author'

Return to “All My Books”