Upgraded to v1.7 build 1113, lost functionality on book add

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

DennisH
DennisH
With us: 14 years 8 months

Post #1by DennisH » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:55 am

Hello,

I upgraded from the previous version to the current 1.7 version. When I add a new book via ISBN, the Title line is not auto populated any longer and needs to be manually entered.

Please help as this is a major feature that no longer functions for me.

Thank you,

Dennis

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:57 pm

Hi!
And which online database is used for filling information about a book? It is specified in the book card window headline.
Bolide Software Support Team

DennisH
DennisH

Post #3by DennisH » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:24 am

The problem was happening using both Amazon & Google searches. I quit using the program for a few months. I just recently opened the program to find out version 1.8 was available. I downloaded it. A message came up and said there was a virus in one of the Google files. I ended up having to delete it. The program seems to work well using Amazon as the search vehicle, but Google search will not populate the Title space or the ISBN space if you search by author. I can locate the title list in a Google search, but when I find the right one, the "OK" button does not function. I have to double click on the title to get back to the dialog box, but nothing else populates except the year. I might need to delete the progam and reload, but I am not sure where to go for a new download.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 am

Hi!

The recent version of All My Books is always available at
http://www.bolidesoft.com/software/amb_setup.exe
If it has problems with google search again, will you please give an example of a certain book - you'll help us to solve the problem.

Regards,

DennisH
DennisH

Post #5by DennisH » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:50 am

I uninstalled the program and then reinstalled v1.8. I am still having the same problems of the fields not populating. I have tried several books. Here is the info. for the last book I tried:

"Letters To The Seven Churches" by William Barclay
SBN: 687215935
LOC: 585146

Google is the only search engine that finds the title, but will not populate anything. I also downloaded LOC as a plugin with no success.

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:12 am

Okay, thanks - we'll try to fix google plugin.

Return to “All My Books”