Struggling with License Activation

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

RBowlin
RBowlin
With us: 14 years 9 months

Post #1by RBowlin » Mon May 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Just bought AMB. Received the license key via email. When I go to Help>About> and enter my name and license key, close and reopen AMB, it keeps asking for the license key.
I'm using copy and paste to put the key in the input box, so I don't think anything is amiss there.
Any help would be appeciated.

Thanks,

-Rich

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Tue May 18, 2010 6:24 am

Well, rather strange...
Make sure that the key is for the version installed.
Сheck if you're using the same PC account you used when registering your AMB.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

RBowlin
RBowlin

Post #3by RBowlin » Tue May 18, 2010 12:14 pm

The license key is what was sent to me via email. The PC is the same. Anything else you can think of? I've really got to get this up and running.

Thanks,

-Rich

RBowlin
RBowlin

Post #4by RBowlin » Tue May 18, 2010 3:55 pm

Well, I'm at a loss here. I am familiar with installing programs. But I'm at a point where I can spend very little time on this. I'm running Win XP Pro SP3. I'm logged on as an administrator. I've dowloaded and installed AMB. I've paid for the license. I received an activation key code via email. I've gone to Help>About>Register and pasted the key code in the appropriate box after entering the correct name. Nothing. AMB does not recognize (or save) this info. I can't create a new database or work with AMB in any productive manner.

At this point, unless a solution is reached, I need to move to some other software for the church library needs. Is it possible to get a refund?

-Rich

Gemini
Gemini

Post #5by Gemini » Tue May 18, 2010 5:43 pm

Well, if I get you right, you enter the name manually. You see both the registration key and registration name are case sensitive and you need to copy and paste BOTH your registration name and key instead of typing them manually. Try again please!

You bought AMB license last year, didn't you? And what exactly is the version you're trying to install?
Last edited by Gemini on Wed May 19, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

RBowlin
RBowlin

Post #6by RBowlin » Tue May 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. To be clear, I bought a personal copy of AMB last year and use it at home. I liked it so much that I recommended it to my church. The church bought a license yesterday and the license name and key were sent to the church via email. I'm installing it for them.
I did do a copy and paste for both the user name and license key. For some reason, it just will not work. I deleted AMB from the computer, downloaded it again (in case the original dowload was somehow corrupted) and reinstalled. Same problem.
I made sure I have permissions to install new software as well. Again, the process for license activation is fairly simple, so I don't think I'm messing it up. But as it stands now, there's nothing I can do to get this up and running.
Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

-Rich

Gemini
Gemini

Post #7by Gemini » Tue May 18, 2010 6:40 pm

Okay, I see. Well, I'll try to find out what the problem can be...

Return to “All My Books”