Upgrading to a new version – Misleading instruction

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

Rachell
Rachell
With us: 13 years 6 months

Post #1by Rachell » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:05 pm

The instructions which I had received by mail, after payment, were as following:

"To apply your registration, start All My Books and select menu item 'Help - About'. Click on the 'Register...' button and enter your activation code written above. Your computer should be connected to Internet for the proper activation. "
(The underlines are mine).

I did as was told and when I try to open Allmybook I get only the Help window telling me that my trial period is over. I have tried to make the registration again and again with no success.
Not only that my program is not upgraded to version 2.x now I could not use it at all!

So, I sent an e-mail to support and … did not get a reply…

This morning when I tried unsuccessfully again I realized what the problem is.
I was not instructed as first stage to download and install the new version. Thus, the new code was entered into the 1.9 version for which (of course) it was not the suitable code.

Downloading the new 2.1 version and installing it solve the problem.

Another fault with the instructions – you write the sent Code is above while its location is at the bottom of the mail. It is another confusing instruction.
When giving technical instructions these should be clear and accurate!

I suggest that Bolidesoft will re-edit their instructions – this will help user to install and use the program without unnecessary complications.

As for the new version – I am disappointed; I had purchased my 1.9 version about 7 months ago paying for this upgrade was not justified. I think that upgrading a program during the first year should be free of charge especially when some of the changes are Bug Fixing.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:04 am

Rachell
Thank you for criticism - in the future we'll try to make the instructions more accurate.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

clair1991
clair1991
With us: 13 years 2 months

Post #3by clair1991 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:41 pm

I agree with Rachel about the free update within a year especially when there are known bugs fixed.

grts
clair1991

Return to “All My Books”