ISBN Scanner

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

pbmoore
pbmoore
With us: 12 years 3 months

Post #1by pbmoore » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Hi folks -- Happy New year to all!

I haven't seen any documentation on using portable ISBN scanners with All My Books and was wondering if the program had such an interface. Also does anyone use one and if so, what recommendations do you have?
Paul B Moore

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #2by Gemini » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:13 pm

Thank you! Happy New Year! :)
If you mean a USB barcode scanner, then almost every model can work with All My Books.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

koolata2d
koolata2d
With us: 12 years 2 months

ISBN scanner

Post #3by koolata2d » Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:45 pm

In your reply to the inquiry on bar code scanners you mentioned that almost all will work. Do you know which ones wont work with your software or do you have a list that will work? I have a collection of books I wish to sell (starting with Craigslist) and need software and a compatible scanner. Thanks!!

Sunshine74
Sunshine74
With us: 12 years 1 month

Post #4by Sunshine74 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 pm

It would be nice if a phone app scanner would work. I haven't tried any, so if it exists I'd love to know which one works.

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 15 years

Post #5by Gemini » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:11 am

Hi!
Actually there is no such a list of scanners - we've never heard of scanners incompatible with AMB.

As for a phone app scanner, we doubt that it is going to work.

Regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

gavind
gavind
With us: 11 years 5 months

Post #6by gavind » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:07 pm

Sunshine74 wrote:It would be nice if a phone app scanner would work. I haven't tried any, so if it exists I'd love to know which one works.

Hi, what specific product are you looking for this to work?
Movie Addict. Image

jdgretz
jdgretz
With us: 15 years 3 months

Post #7by jdgretz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:28 am

UPDATE - issue resolved, though I'm not sure exactly how. After attempting to scan a dozen or so times, I apparently hit on the "correct" angle the Cue Cat wants to be held and it is now scanning correctly. I did, however, also change the look-up data bast to Amazon from Barns and Nobel.

jdg

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm having a similar problem. My Cue Cat scanner no longer works with either AMB or AMM. I checked for scanner functionality using Collectorz.com Music Collector and it scans perfectly there.

Did something change? Just for general information, my system is Win7 Ultimate 64-bit w/8GB RAM.

AMB is v3.2 build 1204
AMM is v7.2 build 1405

jdg

Return to “All My Books”