export to USB flash drive

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

grammy57
grammy57
With us: 5 years 3 months

Post #1by grammy57 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:35 pm

I have AMB on my laptop and also on a desk computer at church. I have added more books on my laptop and now need to transfer them to the other computer. How do I do this using a USB flash drive? The versions are not the same. The newer version is on my laptop.
Thank you Victoria

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #2by bolide » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm

The version of All My Books doesn't matter. You can save the collection to USB flash drive with the menu item "Database - Backup...".
Do not open the database file from the flash drive, copy it to somewhere inside Documents folder first. If All My Books is installed, you can open the database file with the double click.
Bolide Software

grammy57
grammy57
With us: 5 years 3 months

Post #3by grammy57 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:26 pm

Just to clarify. I go to database-backup and put this on my flash drive. I then go to the other computer, insert the flash drive and copy the file to documents. Then I go to documents and double-click the file and it will automatically open in AMB program? I don't have to open AMB program and add the file from there?
Thanks
Grammy57

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #4by bolide » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:12 am

grammy57 wrote:Just to clarify. I go to database-backup and put this on my flash drive. I then go to the other computer, insert the flash drive and copy the file to documents. Then I go to documents and double-click the file and it will automatically open in AMB program? I don't have to open AMB program and add the file from there?

Yes. Alternatively, you can use the menu item "Database - Open..." in All My Book to open the copied database file.
Bolide Software

Return to “All My Books”