New bookcard layout, what do you want?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

cmbs
cmbs
With us: 4 years 9 months

Post #1by cmbs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Hello, I've made some bookcard layouts. There's four layouts with a few different colors each. I'm not using images in the layouts. They're smaller screen friendly. I might make some more. What are you looking for in a new layout?

I've also made a few layouts for export to html. These can be used on your computer, or phone, or printed out. You can create the file then print it to a pdf file to get a pdf. What are you looking for in a new layout for exporting to html?

I don't work for Bolide software, just making some simple html pages. They've said they'll add them to their app. They said people are often requesting new layouts, so what do you want in a new layout?

Christine

UPDATE June 24, 2019
Here is a zip file with four templates for you to try.
All My Books Templates.zip
(5.4 KiB) Downloaded 542 times

How to use:
1. Download zip file
2. Extract to C:\Program Files (x86)\AllMyBooks\bookcards or whatever folder your All My Books app is in. Make sure you put it in the bookcards folder. Keep them in their individual folders, inside the bookcards folder.
3.Restart All My Books.
4. Under view-->html templates, find the new templates listed.
5. Click on one.

This One's Brown.jpg
This One's Brown

Sidelined Gray.jpg
Sidelined Gray
[
attachment=4]Collector Black.jpg[/attachment]
Big Blue Green.jpg
Big Blue Green
Attachments
Collector Black.jpg
Collector Black
Last edited by cmbs on Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:41 am, edited 11 times in total.

cmbs
cmbs

Post #2by cmbs » Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:48 am

The export to html feature lets you save whatever list of books you want to a file separate from the All My Books software. For example, you want a list of the books on your wishlist printed out to bring with you. Pass out to all your friends and family. Etc. Any list you want to have the software print out for you.

My templates
1. has the synopsis and cover image, to me it's for browsing on my phone for which book I want to read next.
2. has the reference data and lines to print out, to me it's for bringing on a book buying trip, so you don't buy one you already have. Lines and space for note taking.
3. has title and author and very little else, handy for passing around to friends or family.

So what other templates would you find useful to print out, or carry on a portable device that doesn't have the all my books software on it?

cmbs
cmbs

I'm talking to you.

Post #3by cmbs » Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:26 pm

If you're reading this, I'm talking to you. This is a chance to personalize the view in your all my books desktop app, and to personalize lists exported from the app. Limited time offer.

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #4by Viki » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:59 pm

These look quite stunning. I'll check them out now, Thanks for your contribution! 8)

cmbs
cmbs

Post #5by cmbs » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:26 am

Thanks. :)

Return to “All My Books”