Adding Books By ISBN

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

laurylbay
laurylbay
With us: 4 years 4 months

Post #1by laurylbay » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:35 pm

I installed All My Books onto my new computer which runs Windows 10, and uses Edge. Before I registered the program I had no trouble using the ISBN feature to add books to the free trial. Since purchasing and registering the program I am not able to use this feature. Each time I try to use it a window pops up with this message: "Couldn't find this title on" "You can enter URL with the books detail page directly to parse". Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to remedy it?

vsoleilAMB
vsoleilAMB
With us: 4 years 1 month

Post #2by vsoleilAMB » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:15 pm

In [Preferences] [Online Databases], Make sure all the databases are checked and that Amazon is the Default. 90% of books will have book data automatically loaded, including covers. if data does not load, try looking at the bookcard for the ISBN and try choosing another database by right clicking on the active icon next to the data field.
If that doesnt work, try googling the ISBN number

laurylbay
laurylbay
With us: 4 years 4 months

Post #3by laurylbay » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:16 pm

Thank you, I will try your suggestions.

tschlich
tschlich
With us: 3 years 11 months

Post #4by tschlich » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:34 pm

I also am having problems trying to add books. I have tried adding through book title and ISBN, and I keep getting error messages. I have done what vsoleilAMB recommended, and the error continues to happen. Does anyone have a solution?

Viki F
Viki F
With us: 11 years 11 months

Post #5by Viki » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Have you tried changing your source from Amazon to Goodreads?
Amazon no longer works.

Quoted from an email sent by developer:
It's Max from Bolide Software.
I hope you are fine! I have some news about All My Books and Amazon.
Important news about Amazon as the book details source
So, Amazon turned off their old API, and all All My Books versions, including 5.0, cannot get book details from Amazon now. Of course, Amazon released a new API, and we published All My Books 5.1, but... I advise you to switch to Goodreads as the book details source. The problem with the new Amazon API is that it is even more limited now. Additionally to the requests limit, they are not returning the book synopsis now! All My Books 5.1 tries to get the synopsis on Goodreads by ISBN he gets on Amazon, but... Amazon looks not good now. We are looking for new good sources of the book details with the open API now. Goodreads is great, but mostly for American books.

Return to “All My Books”