Printout sorting

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Books software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, Gemini, admins

tdrhoa1
tdrhoa1
With us: 3 years 7 months

Post #1by tdrhoa1 » Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:06 am

I would like to printout sections of my database sorted by "Location" by Title. This would help me sort the the books on the shelf in Title order. When attempting to do this myself I entered something called "FastReport's" which I believe is the tool for customizing output from the database, but it is a little over my head, OK, a lot. I have 600 books in All My Books, not even half way there yet. Love the software, but the report writer has me a bit stymied. I will look at the Help for it as suggested in the FAQ''s, but any other help would be appreciated.

RMc
RMc
With us: 4 years 2 months

Post #2by RMc » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:03 pm

I did something similar by creating a new report template. I don't remember what report I based it off of, but if you double-click on the templates, you'll get taken to the FastReport UI, where you can modify the report. Just make sure you save it with a different name.

If I remember correctly, FastRepoort doesn't have a sorting option, so you'll need to have your collection grouped correctly before running the report.

If you have any specific questions, I'll try to answer them . . . but this really isn't my area of expertise.

Return to “All My Books”