Crashes on large quantity of files in Vista (30,000)

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Audio Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gemini, admins

BillS
BillS
With us: 14 years 9 months

Post #1by BillS » Sun May 31, 2009 12:44 pm

After doing a test run on a smaller directory I purchased the software. Now I get the following error when running on a large directory (the reason I purchased the software, a few hundred files I can manage myself).

I'm running Vista with a 3 core AMD 720, 8 GB of RAM and 2 TB of storage.

I just downloaded the software last night.

Thanks,

-Bill

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Re: Crashes on large quantity of files in Vista (30,000)

Post #2by Gemini » Sun May 31, 2009 2:10 pm

Hi, Bill!
When the program crashes, it should ask for sending the bug-report by e-mail. Could you allow the program to do this?
And one more: while we're trying to understand the problem, perhaps, it's useful to divide your collection into several smaller groups and compare them separately.

Best regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

BillS
BillS

Post #3by BillS » Sun May 31, 2009 4:01 pm

It never gives me an opportunity to do a dump...

It really doesn't get very far before locking up and if I have to start breaking up directories I'll need to go another route.

If you e-mail me directly I will send the large .jpg of my screen.

Thanks,

-Bill

Gemini
Gemini

Post #4by Gemini » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:33 am

Could you send this to support@bolidesoft.com
We're especially interested in the tab "Call stack" from bug-report.

BillS
BillS

Post #5by BillS » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:33 am

This is all I can find in the logs (error report is not created):

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 6/1/2009 10:14:47 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Wahoo
Description:
Faulting application AudioComparer.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x2a425e19, faulting module bass.dll, version 2.4.2.3, time stamp 0x49071b13, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x0000cd72, process id 0x668, application start time 0x01c9e32c87d940af.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Error" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>100</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-06-02T03:14:47.000Z" />
<EventRecordID>3980</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Wahoo</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>AudioComparer.exe</Data>
<Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
<Data>2a425e19</Data>
<Data>bass.dll</Data>
<Data>2.4.2.3</Data>
<Data>49071b13</Data>
<Data>c0000005</Data>
<Data>0000cd72</Data>
<Data>668</Data>
<Data>01c9e32c87d940af</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Gemini
Gemini

Post #6by Gemini » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:57 am

Hi!
Thanks, but this is the report generated by the system - it's not so informative... By the way, if in the folder with Audio Comparer there's a file with .elf name extension, could you send it - there should be bug-reports generated by the program itself

BillS
BillS

Post #7by BillS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:28 am

I am new to Vista 64 (working my way to the Windows 7 64) but I have a bit of experience with Windows and systems in general. I started with building SCO Unix boxes on the IBM AT 286 architecture in the early 80's and have tried to keep fairly current but off the bleeding edge ever since... So, your going to have to take my word that when the program errors it does not trigger the standard debug message and there are no .elf files in the programs root directory or anywhere else on the hard drive (this includes hidden and system directories).

The software works fine on much smaller file sets, but can't seem to handle the task I need. I'm disappointed because in the tutorial there's a reference to a 40,000 file compare.

I like to support independent programmers but I need to have a light at the end of this tunnel or I need to find another solution. Please let me know what you think you can do or please credit me for the purchase.

Thanks,

-Bill

Gemini
Gemini

Post #8by Gemini » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:53 pm

There is actually "a light at the end of this tunnel". Somewhere in the middle of June there will be a new version released - the problem should be solved.

Best regards,

BillS
BillS

Post #9by BillS » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:02 pm

You folks have my email address (you needed when I paid, and I've requested you contact me directly). I Feel it's inappropreate for us to continue this conversation in a public forum (but that seems to be your choice).

Based on the software's inability to meet my requirements (requirements clearly stated on your site as advertisement) I respectfully ask for a refund. I do not wish to wait and see if the next version will resolve the issue.

Thanks,

-Bill

Gemini
Gemini

Post #10by Gemini » Sat Jun 06, 2009 6:20 pm

BillS wrote:You folks have my email address (you needed when I paid, and I've requested you contact me directly). I Feel it's inappropreate for us to continue this conversation in a public forum (but that seems to be your choice).

Based on the software's inability to meet my requirements (requirements clearly stated on your site as advertisement) I respectfully ask for a refund. I do not wish to wait and see if the next version will resolve the issue.

No problems. Please, write to support@bolidesoft.com and specify your order number.

Return to “Audio Comparer”