Some Quirks I've Noticed

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about Audio Comparer. Any suggestions are welcome!
Moderators: Viki, Gemini, admins

sonicblue
sonicblue
With us: 14 years 9 months

Post #1by sonicblue » Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:44 am

Does AudioComparer possess some sort of Auto-Save feature? I've had some trouble with my computer shutting down or restarting recently without warning. And it seems as if my Checkmarks in the results I've had open are always saved when I open them back up, even though I didn't get the chance to hit the "Save results as.." button in the Compare menu.

Is it true that AudioComparer will remember where I put my Checkmarks after the program is closed even if I don't "Save results as.."?

Additionally, I thought that there wasn't .M4A support. But I recently compared my iTunes music collection and the results came back with ALL of my M4A songs. AudioComparer doesn't show me the songs ID Tags, Bitrate or anything. However, it IS correctly identifying when that M4A sounds like a similar MP3 and it's also correctly Auto-Checking the M4A if it has a lower bitrate than the similar MP3.

So is M4A 'kinda' supported? Or full supported? Is this a glitch?

Gemini
Gemini
With us: 14 years 11 months

Post #2by Gemini » Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Yes, the program saves them automatically.
Formats AAC and MP4 (and possibly M4A) are supported only in the aspect of comparison - AC cannot yet read/write their tags.

Best regards,
Bolide Software Support Team

Return to “Audio Comparer”