All My Movies - closed project?

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Andrewsky
Andrewsky
With us: 3 years 10 months

Post #1by Andrewsky » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:50 am

Hi, is All My Movies a closed project? We're waiting a whole year for small and simple update to change characters when using Filmweb plugin. Were promised to correct this issue almost a year ago and nothing has happened so far...
No response and no feedback...
Hello?

bolide M
Site Admin
bolide M
Site Admin
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #2by bolide » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:33 pm

No, it is not closed. "work-in-progress" build is here:
https://www.bolidesoft.com/software/amm_setup2.exe
As far as I remember, the issue with Filmweb is fixed there, but please note, it is not even "beta", it may contain some debug stuff for internal needs or something.
All Amazon sources are deleted due to Amazon policies and their new much restricted API. Replaced Amazon with TMDb, it is multilingual and they do not prohibit us to use their data.
Bolide Software

Andrewsky
Andrewsky

Post #3by Andrewsky » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:39 pm

Thank you for reply. Unfortunately you're wrong.
Just re-installed from your link. The description looks like that:

"Czym zajmuj? si? ogry, kiedy ju? rozprawi? si? ze straszliwym smokiem, po?lubi? pi?kn? krolewn? i ocal? krolestwo te?cia? Shrek zosta? pantoflarzem. Ma?orolni nie uciekaj? ju? przed nim z krzykiem. Dzi? prosz?, ?eby podpisa? im si? na wid?ach. T?skni?c za czasami, kiedy "?y? jak na ogra przysta?o", Shrek nieopatrznie zawiera pakt zCzym zajmuj? si? ogry, kiedy ju? rozprawi? si? ze straszliwym smokiem, po?lubi? pi?kn? krolewn? i ocal? krolestwo te?cia? Shrek zosta? "

And we're waiting almost a whole year to fix this issue...

downe
downe
With us: 16 years 5 months

Post #4by downe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:50 pm

I have to say, also when importing actors filmography from Imdb, titles in cyrillic font don't work, there are ????? instead of letters.

dorsaj M
dorsaj M

Post #5by dorsaj » Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:52 pm

Unfortunately, my colleague Andrewsky is right. I do not know how the versions of the program aimed at users from other countries work, but the Polish version is getting worse and very annoying.
Before AMM, I was using another program - free (largely). But there was only one person managing the entire project, and eventually the program began to collapse.
When I switched to AMM, I thought that as a paid program and not being some program developed by a given company, it is better managed. More frequent updates, bug fixes, better contact with users (especially since the forum is maintained). But none of that, the same gibberish as in the big companies, meaning "we're working on fixes", "there will be a new version soon."
I have created a special topic here on the forum only for Polish AMM users, where they could talk about noticed errors, share their suggestions, suggest something to the creators.
No response. I sent an e-mail to the developers of the program with noticed errors in the correct operation of the program, incorrect and illogical translations, and also no response. I really don't know what to think about it, because using AMM is actually very annoying at the moment and I haven't used the program myself for several months.
The design of the program itself (although not entirely) and its main functionality is fine, but all these minor bugs (not requiring a lot of resources to fix in my opinion) are very annoying.
From my perspective, I do not know if I would start my adventure with AMM for the second time.
The approach to AMM users is weak, very weak.

Speedo
Speedo
With us: 9 years 10 months

Post #6by Speedo » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:30 am

The purchase of this program is a waste of money, the support is silent, Polish characters from filmweb have not been available for over a year, it downloads less and less data - genre, cast, etc. I have several hundred movies to add and I'm waiting, waiting, waiting ... I think it's time to change this program for something better.

dorsaj M
dorsaj M

Post #7by dorsaj » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:12 pm

Unfortunately, no contact from the support. For some strange and incomprehensible reason, the creators of the program turned their backs towards the Polish users of the program. I do not know why. After all, it is enough to improve communication with the filmweb website and, in my opinion, make a few language corrections. After all, it is - probably - not that difficult and time-consuming.

Return to “All My Movies”