The developers have released an updated version 8.9.1465 today (10.11.21) that corrects the issues with getting movie information from the IMDb.
(I wish they would change the version number slightly to indicate the latest working version... so, I now add the date to my executable files before I archive them.)
I have installed this "newer" version and tested it against the IMDb. The results are great, program is once again doing the work for me.
Edit - (10.12.21)
Although the 'newest' 8.9.1465 version does work with IMDb, it has affected how the cover art is displayed in the movie description area. Resizing thumbnails does not correct this issue (only thumbnails).
Now, when I select the cover art in the movie card, I get a HUGE item that only displays about a quarter of the image. To view the remaining part I have to scroll vertically and horizontally. I am seriously tempted to try and roll back to a previous version of 8.9.1465 and deal with the manual entry of missing information. My catalogue is quite extensive and I have spent a lot of time and work on getting the cover art that appeals to me. Still digging for answers, I will be back.