MD's Glass template

Description: Feel free to ask here any questions about All My Movies software. Any suggestions are welcome
Moderators: Viki, Gus, datasource, Gemini, admins

Cor
Cor
With us: 16 years 4 months

Post #31by Cor » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:11 pm

You're welcome! :)

MD wrote:About the performance issue in Firefox. On my PC the themplate works much better in FF than in IE :?
Do you have a relatively new pc? My pc is a little bit older and it has some problems with showing your template. It takes about a few seconds to highlight a link and during this the CPU uses increases tremendously! Is it an idea to create an option to disable the glass-look of your template for users with a slower pc? :idea:
Last edited by Cor on Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

MD
MD
With us: 17 years 7 months

Post #32by MD » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:49 am

Cor wrote:Your welcome! :)

MD wrote:About the performance issue in Firefox. On my PC the themplate works much better in FF than in IE :?
Do you have a relatively new pc? My pc is a little bit older and it has some problems with showing your template. It takes about a few seconds to highlight a link and during this the CPU uses increases tremendously! Is it an idea to create an option to disable the glass-look of your template for users with a slower pc? :idea:
It's not possible because the transparancy effect is build with half transparant pictures.
To disable the effect I have to recreate all pictures with a certain color.

It just takes to much time for me.

Cor
Cor

Post #33by Cor » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:11 pm

Oke thanks, it is a pity but understandable. :wink:

MD
MD

Post #34by MD » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:57 am

I've fixed the last known problems.
Unfortunately some probblems needed some large changes in the code.

You can download RC 1 from the fist post as usual

Jarl
Jarl
With us: 16 years 11 months

Post #35by Jarl » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:35 pm

some special signs won't work.
like the one's in this name: Áron Dimény

Johan

MD
MD

Post #36by MD » Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:44 pm

Jarl wrote:some special signs won't work.
like the one's in this name: Áron Dimény

Johan
I know for some reason UTF-8 and Javascript won't work very well :(

Cor
Cor

Post #37by Cor » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:30 pm

Again I have tested your template and indeed most of the problems are solved!
However, there is one that still exists and I discovered also some new ones.

1. The search box drops down when the settings menu is shown, see the first screenshot,
2. The ‘datum toegevoegd’ (date added) is put on two lines, see the second screenshot,
3. The progress bar is not correctly shown, see the second screenshot,
4. The summary is still shown above the movie picture, see the second screenshot,
5. Sorting on duration does not work correctly, because a movie with a duration less than 100 minutes is placed at the end of the list.
e.g.: 100 min. >>> 120 min. >>> 122 min. >>> 96 min.

Image Image

Good luck with fixing the errors!

MD
MD

Post #38by MD » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:50 am

Cor wrote:Again I have tested your template and indeed most of the problems are solved!
However, there is one that still exists and I discovered also some new ones.

1. The search box drops down when the settings menu is shown, see the first screenshot,
It seems that the template in IE doesn't like small resolutions
2. The ‘datum toegevoegd’ (date added) is put on two lines, see the second screenshot,
This is normal because of the way IE is resizing the table column's
3. The progress bar is not correctly shown, see the second screenshot,
This is a known problem
4. The summary is still shown above the movie picture, see the second screenshot,
I thought I had fixed this one, I guess not :(
5. Sorting on duration does not work correctly, because a movie with a duration less than 100 minutes is placed at the end of the list.
Hmm this is a tricky one

Good luck with fixing the errors!
Thanks again for finding all those errors :wink:

Cor
Cor

Post #39by Cor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:07 pm

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:1. The search box drops down when the settings menu is shown, see the first screenshot,
It seems that the template in IE doesn't like small resolutions
The problem also occurs in firefox and I do not think you may assume that everybody has a monitor with a resolution higher than 1024x768 pixels! If you slightly increase the width of table cell where the search box is located the problem should be solved. :wink:

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:2. The ‘datum toegevoegd’ (date added) is put on two lines, see the second screenshot,
This is normal because of the way IE is resizing the table column's
All right no problem, I observed it in firefox too.

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:3. The progress bar is not correctly shown, see the second screenshot,
This is a known problem
Good luck with finding this strange error.

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:4. The summary is still shown above the movie picture, see the second screenshot,
I thought I had fixed this one, I guess not :(
Indeed it looked that way... Is it an idea to fill the space with an empty cell, which puts the summary below the movie picture? :idea:

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:5. Sorting on duration does not work correctly, because a movie with a duration less than 100 minutes is placed at the end of the list.
Hmm this is a tricky one
I thought so too.

MD wrote:
Cor wrote:Good luck with fixing the errors!
Thanks again for finding all those errors :wink:
You are welcome! 8)

While checking with firefox, I found another small error. The movie card labels a vertically aligned in the middle, but the ‘date’, ‘year’, ‘genres’ etc. are vertically aligned to the top of the cell. Could you also fix this?

Krenton
Krenton
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #40by Krenton » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:23 pm

Bedankt kerel, is echt een super template ! :wink:

Krenton
Krenton
With us: 18 years 7 months

Post #41by Krenton » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:01 pm

I found a bug, I don't know if you allready know about it:

In one of the movie descriptions (That was automatically downloaded from a website) was a hyperlink from a website.

Now when I made an export from all my movies to HTML I got an empty page without errors like this:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1825/image3nm9.jpg
(picture is taking from another post in this topic)

When I removed the hyperlink in the description of that paticular movie, the export works fine. :wink:

HEDGEROW
HEDGEROW
With us: 17 years 9 months

Post #42by HEDGEROW » Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:02 am

I get the same as the above in IE7 the only way i found to get the movies to show it to go to the "page" drop down menu --> encoding and tick the auto select or Western European (Windows) the only problem is i have to do this each time i go to my web page i.e untick then re-tick and refresh

actually i just tried it a few times and you only have to put it on the latter Western European (windows) seems to work each time

is there any way to force ie7 to use western european (windows) auto on loading the web page?

actually i just tried some more and found if i click any option in the encoding menu it puts the movie info up

MD
MD

Post #43by MD » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:51 am

HEDGEROW wrote:I get the same as the above in IE7 the only way i found to get the movies to show it to go to the "page" drop down menu --> encoding and tick the auto select or Western European (Windows) the only problem is i have to do this each time i go to my web page i.e untick then re-tick and refresh

actually i just tried it a few times and you only have to put it on the latter Western European (windows) seems to work each time

is there any way to force ie7 to use western european (windows) auto on loading the web page?

actually i just tried some more and found if i click any option in the encoding menu it puts the movie info up
I'ts possible, but I'll have to change the unicode support to Western Europe

HEDGEROW
HEDGEROW
With us: 17 years 9 months

Post #44by HEDGEROW » Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:13 am

did i mention that it only does this after i upload it to my webspace
viewing it from my computer it is fine

i tried changing the template but it still does the same thing

MD
MD

Post #45by MD » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:08 am

HEDGEROW wrote:did i mention that it only does this after i upload it to my webspace
viewing it from my computer it is fine

i tried changing the template but it still does the same thing
Did you save the file as ASCII or UTF-8?

Return to “All My Movies”